Thursday Club News Page.
End of Lock Down
Covid has really changed out lives over the few months but luckily at the time of writing it does appear to have abated more than somewhat. Lets hope it stays that way because there's no telling what the consequences would be if another massive spike were to come about.
We didn't have any takers for the last scheduled date, Thursday 30th July, but several regulars did suggest that a meet up at the end of August maybe on the cards. If you intend to be there, on the 27th August, can you let me know and I'll circulate that info. Just got to hope that we can start our regular meeting once again. If the Thursday Club fizzles out, I for one will have to find an alternative, maybe I'll have to join the WMC&IU, or perhaps the Legion, or maybe I'll just get a shed.
As I said in my email, a few of us had a local meet up in July at a pub at Wanstead and I must say it worked out just fine. If you cannot make it in August, perhaps a few more local get-together type events could be arranged.
If you do have any messages to pass on or anything to say, email me and I put it on this page for everyone to see.
Believe it or not a few request for another quiz have been received so here it is below.
Odd Man Out Quiz - August 2020
1) Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Ronnie Wood, John Entwistle, Keith Moon.
2) Baste, Tatting, Julienne, al Dente, Coddle, au Gratin, Sweat.
3) atto, giga, micro, milli, nano, pico.
4) Constable, Sheraton, Conran, Chippendale, Hepplewhite.
5) Congo, Volta, Brahmaputra, Orange, Zambezi, Niger, Nile.
6) A J Lerner, O Hammerstein, W S Gilbert, R H S Stilgoe, R C Rodgers, T M B Rice.
7) Court, Wedge, Espadrilles, Fully-Fashioned, Pumps, Mules, Sling-Backs.
8) Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Brigadier, Commodore, Colonel.
9) 41 - 43 - 47 - 49 - 53 - 59 - 61 - 71
10) Orange, Purple, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo.
11) Bromley, Croydon, Finsbury, Harrow, Islington, Newham.
12) Vertical Armature, Brush Feed, Comb Plate, Rotary Interrupter, Vertical Detent, Carriage Return Spring.
13) Zinc, Sodium, Gold, Tin, Brass, Silver, Copper.
14) David Niven, Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, Robert Shaw, Timothy Dalton.
15) Hexagon, Trapezium, Rhombus, Parallelogram, Square.
16) Mississippi, Missouri, Manitoba, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Maine.
17) Cirrus, Cumulus, Nimbus, Pinta, Stratus.
18) Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Jane Eyre, Northanger Abbey.
19) Death Proof, Reservoir Dogs, Die Hard, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill 1, Pulp Fiction.
20) White, Brown, Orange, Green, Blue, Pink, Yellow.
21) Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Grey.
22) Cheryl Tweedy, Melanie Chisholm, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh.
23) Commercial paper, Ream, Quarto, ISO 216, Foolscap folio, Quire, Grammage, Broadsheet.
24) Cavendish, Mercury, Toll B, Varley, Kelvin, Trunk Director.
25)Rod Stewart, Graham Bond, Julie Driscoll, Micky Waller, Brian Auger, Vic Briggs, Long John Baldry.
26) Francie Burke (Colonel), Gabriel John Utterson, Joanna Sedley, Billy Bones, Sebastian Moran (Colonel), David Balfour
Send an email when you've completed the quiz. The answers will be printed here later in the month.